7 Mar 2010

Final Major Project- The Real Flower Company



For the past few months I have been working on my final major project. At first I racked my brains to decide what subject I could base my project on. Unfortunately I spent weeks on end brooding about making a good final major project and worrying that id be working on a rubbish project that I wouldnt enjoy. In the end I decided to cut ties and simply choose.

Browseing on the internet I came across ' The Real Flower Company'. The Real Flower Company is a high end luxury florist made up of 6 talented florists who create bespoke bouquets, also offering creative services for weddings and events. Looking at The Real Flower Company in more depth I felt that this could be a brief with alot of potential. 

As you can see from the master brief above, my proposition was to rebrand The Real Flower Company to also look at floristry materials including stationery, flower wrap, bows, tags etc. Researching into the company I realised that they also try their best to reduce their carbon footprint. This then encouraged me to look at packaging that can be easily recycled or possibly be made of recycled materials. I would also like to look at other ways the real flower company could reduce their effect on the environment.

For the past few weeks I have been looking at many logos and brands online and in books. I admit that I found the brief quite difficult at first as I personally felt that the existing identity had something in it and I didnt want my re-design to take anything away from their already established brand.

Finding this to be a negetive view I decided to erase this thought and think about the project as if they had no existing design which i feel has helped alot.