Recently wondering what all the fuss was about with Avatar I agreed to go and see it with a friend. Not being much of a film fan I was over come with dread when I found out the movie was actually over 3 hours long! Fearing that I would get bored and lose interest.
The story takes place on a planet called pandora which inhibits its own race of ten foot tall blue skinned creatures with the own world and culture. It is discovered that a valuable mineral is inhibited under what is known as 'The tree of life' in which the human race want to get to. This would mean that pandora would be destroyed.
This would be a film you would have to see for yourself to understand the story of avatar, but this film definately made me realise how selfish humans can possibly be when it comes to money. I thought the graphics and effects used in the film were fantastic and I often found myself saying 'wow' out loud. This was also the first time I have seen a film in 3D.
