30 Nov 2009

Portfolio Visit-Steve Owen Love Creative







Currently looking to improve my ideas based work I arranged to have a portfolio with Steve Owen of Love Creative. This was probably by far my most helpful. Steve also attended Stockport college. We got on very well and had a very good discussion. As steve works at a creative company he gave me alot of creative feedback and recommendations.


Expressing that I am currently working on my ideas based work steve says alot of my portfolio is actually ideas based. Steve believes the commercial work in my portfolio is good but states that the level right. Steve suggested that I could possibly have two portfolios. One corporate based and the other ideas based. Again this depends on where I would like to go.Whilst showing my portfolio Steve viewed my English Heritage end sting project. Just recently I had this end sting made into a flicker book. Steve loved this idea and suggested that I could possibly take out the still slides, as the flicker book is now the project and it is much more exciting. When viewing work Steve recommended that I could go down more paths of ideas.He says I could try applying my ideas to spaces instead of just flipping it onto posters, websites and leaflets he says this would bring the work to life