8 Nov 2009

D&AD Portfolio Surgery-Chris Jackson Elmwood Design





05.11.09


Whilst attending the D&AD portfolio surgery's I also had the opportunity to discuss my portfolio with Chris Jackson from Elmwood Design. (Elmwood Design is the largest design agency in the UK). A main area myself and Chris have in common is logo design. We had a great discussion about Logo's and Branding. Although Chris liked all my logo's he advised that I should possibly apply the logos instead of just have them on a black and white page as he feels this takes away there voice.
Like Rob Watson I also expressed my concerns over my work with Chris. He advised me to explore things more and recommended I visited websites like Pentagram, The chase and Marks studios. He also recommended that I had a look at the 'Pentagram Marks' book as in his opinion Pentagram are the 'Logo Kings'! Towards the end of the discussion Chris also advised me to look at the way I order my portfolio he says that I should put my best work at the front and my 2nd best at the back.


http://elmwood.com