4 Jan 2010

The Fundamentals of Creative Advertising

Ken Burtenshaw, Nik Mahon, Caroline Barfoot
The Fundamentals of creative advertising is a book I have recently purchased and have very much enjoyed so far. Looking to improve in the Creative Advertising area I decided to purchase this book due to many positive reviews. This book provides an introduction to the key elements of creative advertising. This book also leads the reader through each stage of the creative process, including advertising planning, how companies generate, create and produce advertising campaigns. This book is broken down into sections focusing on each advertising element including Direct mail, Web advertising, Ambient media, Posters etc. In each section the author explains the advantages and disadvantages of each media and explains which application is most suited for particular projects. Another great aspect to this book is that it has simple, student exercises in each section which related to that section which I look forward to completing.