13 Jan 2010

Dove Evolution



The video above is a video I have previously seen on youtube. When I first saw this video I thought it was great. Some of you may not be aware, but Dove has developed 'Campaign for real beauty' to make change to the way real women and young girls perceive themselves. This video was created to show the narrow definition of beauty in media terms.


No doubt media has a very high impact on female perceptions. It is not suprising that many girls often feel dissatisfied with their own appearence and bodies when seeing women on tv and in magazines. This video has been created to show the transformation of a average looking female turn into a beautiful model by the help of make-up artists, stylists, hair dressers, photographers, designers and of course, Adobe Photoshop. Only by seeing this transformation we can see how much work goes into making these celebs and models look beautiful. As Dove says ' No wonder our perception of beauty is distorted'