Wednesday 4th October I attended the Liverpool Design Symposium at the art and design academy. I attended two lectures which were put together by D&AD, and Ian Thompson of the DBA. D&AD Workshops and Portfolio surgeries were also available. One of the lectures I thoroughly enjoyed was a lecture by Ian Thompson ( Thompson Brand Partners.) Ian's lecture was based around branding which I found very intresting as this is a area I enjoy alot.
As I am working on my portfolio at present I found that booking myself into the D&AD portfolio surgeries would be beneficial. D&AD invited many creative's from different agency's to give students help and advice on their work and portfolios. I found this a great opportunity to gather feedback on how I could possibly improve and it was also a great opportunity to show and talk about my work. During the surgery I was able to speak to Rob Watson of RAW design Manchester and Chris Jackson of Elmwood design. Both guys gave me good feedback and I enjoyed listening to both opinions. I have now taken their feedback into consideration and will be applying their advice to possibly improve my portfolio.
